Makes about 18 cups
mini muffin pan (you can use a regular size but the minis work really well for this)
mini muffin liners
1 bag of vegan chocolate chips or chunks
1 tub of Alpendough Cookie Dough (we used Snickerdoodle but any flavor is good)
1 container of Sunbutter
4 Tbsp Zeb's Organics Coconut Oil (optional but makes the cups softer to bite into)
Optional- Sea Salt
1) Using your mini muffin tin, line 18-20 of the cups in the tin and set aside.
2) Make a double boiler for your stove with water in the bottom and a metal bowl on top to melt the chocolate. Set the heat on the stove to Medium High. Empty the bag of chocolate chips and 4 Tbsp of coconut oil into the top pan of the double boiler and stir continuously while the chocolate and coconut oil melt together.
3) While the chocolate/coconut oil mixture is heating prep the cookie dough. Form 1/2 inch balls of cookie dough. (I used a melon baller) You will then want to slightly flatten the cookie dough balls into just over a quarter size. Set aside.
4) Once melted, turn off the heat. The water will still be hot so this should keep the chocolate mixture melted.
5) Using a spoon (a Tablespoon works well for this) fill the cups about 1/4 to 1/3 full of the chocolate mixture. (I did about 6 at a time so that it doesn't give the chocolate time to harden). Then place the quarters of cookie dough in the cups and press it down slightly so the chocolate rises up the sides a bit. Then using a spoon and a spatula, scoop about 2 tsp of Sunbutter on top of each cookie dough quarter (the spatula will help you get the Sunbutter off the spoon and then you can spread it). After you have done this with each cup, use the remaining chocolate to top each cup. (Optional: Sprinkle with sea salt)
6) Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours. To speed up the cooling you can put them in the freezer for a half hour.